Wedding WednesdayThis past Saturday was probably one of my favorites in a long time!! I was totally spoiled and felt so incredibly loved by all of the wonderful women that attended my bridal shower and even those who couldn't make
One of my best friends and her mom helped (read: totally set up) this bridal shower on the main floor of my parent's house. It was done SO incredibly well and looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't have dreamed this up any more perfect.
A few things they did to make this so personal was add little tags to the adorable mason jar glasses, matching coasters, a beautiful mod podge K, and the adorable grey and white stripe straws. The pink hydrangeas were such a beautiful and lovely touch! They did a great job incorporating my wedding colors into the shower - I absolutely adored everything!
I even matched the wedding color theme with a RENTED navy blue Lilly Pulitzer dress from Rent the Runway (sign up here because it's AWESOME). Which after wearing and seeing how it looks in pictures I fell in love. Which is a problem considering the pretty penny price tag (it is cheaper than I had originally remembered BUT still more than I should spend on a dress). Anyways, I'm renting my bachelorette party dress too and I'm super excited because really, renting dresses that you'll rarely wear again is THE BEST way to go!
So a few bridal shower tips/rules that I held myself to since I know myself and I like to become involved in EVERYTHING, which is not the point of a bridal shower.
- Let yourself have fun - this shower is for you and all your favorite ladies to hang out, have a light cocktail, eat yummy snacks/food, and just enjoy each other's company!
- Don't feel like you have to host, I let my friend Laura, her mom, my sister (MOH), and my mom run the shower, entirely! I was just along for the ride which is an amazing thing for someone like myself who likes to help, get involved, and make sure everyone is taken care of.
- Buy/rent a cute dress that goes with your theme or that makes you feel AMAZING! I felt like I matched and was part of decor at my shower (kind of strange probably) but I loved the dress I wore so much I'm sure Joe was tired of hearing about how much I wished I could own it by the end of the weekend. (update: in fact, he surprised me by buying the dress, it showed up last night!!)
A few of my favorite things:
- A little goes a LONG way! Laura and her mom set up some AMAZING details and it didn't involve the rearrangement of our house, painting our walls, or building elaborate displays. It was simple, pretty, personal, and laid back! (I'm sure laura put at least a few hours into the details but when she arrived it was easy to setup and looked so amazing!)
- It was Personal! I tell you, making things personalized has gotten easier and easier and the tags on the glasses, matching coasters, and navy blue mod podged "K" were the touches that just made me feel so incredibly special even before people arrived.
- Cupcakes! I LOVE cupcakes and my mom ordered a bunch of adorable cupcakes from Sprinkles in Georgetown with engagement ring embellishments!
- Champagne punch! I LOVED this pink/red beverage and by the amount that was left at the end (or lack there of) I think everyone else did too!
- Chocolate covered strawberries. I didn't eat them that afternoon but they made for a delicious snack the next day!
Enjoy a few of my favorite pictures!! And a HUGE thanks to Laura and her mom for putting this shower on for me!
Unfortunately, we were missing a few ladies!
Note to future brides, take a group picture before the end...people are busy and have to leave early sometimes.