BHAGS, Resolutions, & Practical Thinking
There are a lot of things going to be happening in 2013 and I want to start off by saying that a lot of resolutions aren't practical, goals will be forgotten, and sometimes it's just not the right time for things to work out the way you hope. With a new marriage, a business that I'm trying to get off the ground (now in a new location), and a puppy that has never been outside of the DC Metro area that we are now putting on A PLANE and FLYING to Omaha there are going to be a lot of hiccups. I want this year to go smoothly but chances are it won't the entire time. Joe and I have a lot of growing and learning to do, even after almost 5 years of dating I know we don't know each other as well as we like to think. Everything changes once you're sharing finances, a small apartment, and making life decisions together.
Anyways, 2013 is going to be an amazing year, we will be newly weds and nothing can beat that feeling...well, at least not yet. For 2013 I want to set goals, resolutions, and a few BHAGs (Big Hair Audacious Goals). I will try to keep it as practical as possible but am looking forward to achieving most of them! (removing a 2+ hour commute each day will certainly help!)
- Maintain the cleaning around the house!
- Create some kind of house chore list to keep on top of the weekly cleaning of the apartment! (laundry included!)
- Save energy & recycle!
- We live in an apartment with FLOOR to CEILING windows, I want to try to avoid using lights during the day
- We also have a recycle program in our building where you earn points and rewards for the weight you recycle each week!
- Weekly date nights!
- Follow monthly budget as closely as possible
- save for our 1-year honeymoon
- start putting money towards our future home's down payment
- Love, Appreciate, & Cherish everyday with Joe!
- Plan our honeymoon!
- Blog blog BLOG!
- create a blogging calendar 1 month ahead for sanity purposes
- Decide what to do with Wedding Wednesday after I've blogged a few of my favorite wedding decisions
- purchase a new lens to reduce rental costs
- research a dream list of equipment
- Create an organizational board for client processing and check lists
- network with local photographers
- publish website!
- SWEAT 365 - I heard about this on the lulu blog (here) and just thought this was THE BEST idea!
- Get in the gym (which is just across the SIDEWALK) 3-4 days/week (yoga, pilates, spin)
- Run 5-6 days/week
- Walk the dog 7 days/week (if I don't run in the morning she needs 2 good walks)
- Get this business off the ground! This could mean a few things but simply I want to book a few weddings, book a few portrait/engagement sessions, and build a network with other local photographers! + purchase a new lens...renting is really eating into my basically non-existant profits (I don't need to be full time to be successful but I do want to start growing a bit more)
- Reach 300 facebook likes by 2014