Month of Love
Today marks 1 month of marriage for Joe and I and after 5 years of dating and more than 6 years of getting to know each other it's amazing how fast the month has flown and how comfortable and natural life is here in Omaha together. We love our apartment, having our own space, and just being able to spend evenings together after a long day of work.
February has seriously crept up on me, as I'm sure it did everyone else. Thankfully February also means that winter is ALMOST through the worst and according to Punxsutawney Phil spring is just a few short weeks away!
As soon as we had our printer set up I printed off a copy of my new years resolutions, for a few reasons. First, it's so much easier to keep track of all those things I wrote when they are in my hands and second because now I can check things off!
- Maintain the cleaning around the house
- I did create a checklist for each day! My "Daily To Do" and even designated Fridays as the major cleaning day: swiffer, dust, bathrooms, laundry
- Saving energy! We have YET to turn on our heat! An incredible feat if you ask me when the windchill brings the temperatures down to -16 and our apartment sits at a toasty 68-70 degrees I'd have to say we have it pretty good so far! With our MASSIVE windows I only use lights after 4:30pm.
- The recycle program ended up being a bust...they didn't accept 90% of the items we wanted to recycle
- Blogging Calendar! I am so proud of myself for setting this at the beginning of January, sticking to it, and I even have February and the first part of March planned out for the blog!
- SWEAT 365 is coming along...I'm definitely not getting a great workout EVERY day but I'm trying and I do walk the dog three times a day so even on my off days I'm not just sitting around. As I continue to work at it I'm sure it will get easier.
- working on the monthly budget, sometimes things just don't work out at first and moving, the wedding, and getting the apartment set up has really put a bit of a wrench in our budget plan at the moment but we are certainly working on it
- finish writing & mail our wedding thank you cards
- find a great deal on pillow covers for the couch...the massive piece of grey is a little bit depressing
- print wedding photos for the apartment & create a few picture galleries
- finalize our wedding album so Katelyn James can order it - SOOOO excited about this!
- try at least 5 new recipes this month...even if I make them up! (Joe will soon become bored of baked chicken, broiled steak, and the plethora of cous cous we eat)
- plan our honeymoon
- contact and try to network with at least 2 vendors in the area
- publish the website!
- start a new series after Wedding Wednesday is complete
- blog 5 days per week, I'm so excited to have worked my way up to this!
- work on pre-blogging to avoid last minute early morning writing